Barrington takes its environmental responsibility very seriously and we are continually looking for ways to improve our procedures.
We always aim to recycle materials and containers wherever possible, and donate any leftover paints and supplies to colleges and charities.
Barrington is also an authorised member of the Dulux Decorating Centres' Can Recycling Scheme, which ensures no materials whatsoever go to landfill.
The main responsibility for implementation of this policy lies with the company director, Jon Hateley. However, all members of staff and sub-contractors must play a part.
In order to achieve this aim, Barrington has the following key objectives:
- To promote sound environmental management policies and practices throughout the Company.
- As a minimum, to comply with the requirements of relevant legislation and ensure company policy is reviewed periodically and updated with immediate effect.
- To make efficient and environmentally responsible use of energy and water.
- To promote environmentally responsible procurement of goods and services.
- To minimise waste production as far as is practicable, to reuse or recycle waste where appropriate and to regulate the treatment and disposal of residual waste.
- To reduce and where practicable, prevent pollution.
- To minimise the impact of transport on the environment arising from its own vehicles and those brought on to its premises.
- To minimise any adverse environmental impact of any new Company development.
- To maintain the Company's premises in an environmentally sensitive way and dispose of Hazardous Waste as per current legislation.
- To minimise the adverse environmental impact of the decommissioning and disposal of Company assets.
- To communicate within the Company and to the outside community the company's environmental performance as appropriate.
- To raise awareness among the staff of the Company's environmental impact, activities and performance and to promote individual good practice.